Thursday, December 30, 2010

Money Makes The World Go Around...

Ahhh...another Favorite Movie - Cabaret

So today I filled out an application for Safeway, the main grocery chain in this part of the country. It would technically be my 3rd job, if I get it.

What are my other 2 jobs, you eagerly ask?  Well that's a long story, of course.  But long stories generally make for good blog-fodder (or so I've been told).  'Course I could save the long version for another time... Which I think might be a good idea in this case.  The last 5 years of my life will wait.  Sorry, didn't mean to get your hopes up.

The short answer - I work as a chiropractic assistant and I tutor the chiropractor's daughter in physics and algebra.  VoilĂ !

To further clarify; yes, I am a chiropractor, but I'm still waiting on passing the final board exam before I can apply for my license.  I graduated from college (after 4 years) in June of 2010.

Have I mentioned yet that I know all the words to American Pie?


For point of reference, there's a lot more to that song than just the death of those three musicians. http://understandingamericanpie.com/vs1.htm

It's always good to have a solid point of reference, don't you think?  I mean...if you saw a picture of a chihuahua and you had never seen a chihuahua before... Well, first off, you'd probably pronounce it "chee who ah who ah" ...assuming it had a caption describing the breed.  But then, you'd have no idea it's a tiny dog!  Now, if there was a big old doberman next to it, then you'd be like "A-HA! That's a TINY dog!"  Moment of revelation and your life is changed completely.  Well, in regards to the dog world, at least...

BTW, in starting this blog-thing, I am reminded of something I just recently learned (like, yesterday).  It is now more correct to only put one space after the end of a sentence.   ....I'll let that sink in a bit...

.......

Yeah.  Not two spaces anymore.  One.  *eyes my sentences*  Well, how the bloody hell am I going to change a 30 year old habit?  Okay okay...25 year habit?  ARGH!

Wait, wait... you probably want a reference, proof of my statement, evidentiary type thing, right?

Well, I'll google for you...lazy bastard.     ----> BAM! ...and MLA! (see "space after punctuation" at top)

.....

Sometimes I'm compelled to actually laugh out loud when I type "lol" so that I'm not lying.

Is it weird that I like to put salami on nachos(e)?
(I also like to warm up the sliced salami (or salame) and then blot the greasy stuff out of it)

....more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment