Thursday, February 24, 2011

Political Budget Rant

Here's a response I wrote to a conservative anti-Obama guy on FB.  I wrote way too much and the guy probably couldn't care less.  So I'm posting it here to feel less like I wasted my time...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not a big fan of social security, VA benefits or medicare?  Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm very much a liberal and really appreciated being able to use food stamps and unemployment for a few months when my life went to hell.

Real budget reform would involve eliminating tax cuts for the top 10% who have more than 50% of the wealth and don't *need* tax cuts, eliminating insurance businesses who are nothing but a profit-based middle man, taking money from both patients and doctors, and cutting back on defense spending where we over-compensate/overpay contracts to immoral companies who have little to no bidding competition.  The "Capitalism" model is bullshit in this country.  Companies are become monopolies more and more.  There is no *real* competition when everyone starts merging.

While I admit that fixing the monopoly issue is not an easy one, and do agree that government interference can often complicate things further.  No business is going to self-regulate when profits are to be had.  The BP oil spill was a great/horrible example of that.

Fixing health care is going to be a huge imperfect undertaking as well, but even those who can afford independent insurance are finding it lacking.  The "business" is failing its customers...but we're talking about people's lives as the fallout.

As for taxing the wealthy more...yeah, I'm a liberal.  It's not that people should "be punished for success."  It's that they should be punished for being greedy.  Not wanting to give back to your community and society at large is the selfish action that many wealthy people exhibit.  We need other people for more than just servants.  If we don't re-invest in our own people, what progress would ever be made in our society?

....At least Obama is TRYING to change things that need to be changed.  Cutting "entitlement programs" isn't the answer.  Kicking the weak, old, poor, sick by pulling their funding isn't the answer.  Sometimes I think most Republicans would be just as happy if half the population just died off from neglect.  Hell, that's the way it's going thanks to our shitty health care access.

...I'm done ranting. Sorry.  You probably don't care about anything I've said...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, and I drew this today...














Here it is edited & cropped...better or worse?


















Original Artwork to be found at ArtDecoApts.com! :)


1 comment:

  1. We care Janae. You are right Dear! TOTALLY RIGHT!!!! Gooooooooooo Janae ! Woooo-hoooooo!
    I like the drawing. it is fun.

    ReplyDelete