Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ranting To The Choir...

Want to quote the bible verbatim and feel it means anything? Take a look at the contradictions with the flawed text. (see link below, if you dare)
7 minutes ago ·  ·  · 

    • Janae Smith Having had bits of the bible used against me and my friends all my life, the significance of this massive undertaking is immense.
      6 minutes ago · 

    • Janae Smith We also don't stone people for working on Sunday, sell our daughters into marriage or slavery, or burn animals as tribute anymore.

      How many people who TRULY KNOW the bible can possibly take it verbatim, ever?

      Keep your church and religion, use it for support and guidance, sure. BUT STOP USING IT AGAINST OTHER PEOPLE.

      As far as I'm concerned, "treating others as you'd like to be treated (or better, if you happen to like pain/humiliation)" is the simplest tenet for everyone. The fact that this same concept is found is every religion out there is no mistake.

      As such, I apologize if my words have frightened or upset anyone. All of you reading this are great people. I just needed to rant...

1 comment:

  1. The bible's an interesting piece of literary fiction, and it grieves me that in the 21st century there are still humans who wish that it were the word of their god, not the cobbled together version of an oral tradition that dates back 3000 years.
    We may have come a long way, but we still have a lot further to go.

    ReplyDelete